This vibrant Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad brings together seasonal winter favorites like pomegranate and citrus, and tosses it all in a creamy poppy seed dressing. It's a great side dish for the holidays that's hearty and healthy!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Califia Farms Unsweetened Better Half
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the salad:
- ¾ pound brussels sprouts, bottoms trimmed
- 1 ½ cups chopped tuscan kale
- 2-3 navel oranges, segmented
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- Flaky sea salt
- To a small bowl add the mayonnaise, sugar, poppy seeds, apple cider vinegar, Califia Farms Unsweetened Better Half, and a pinch of salt. Whisk together until smooth.
- While whisking continuously, slowly pour in the olive oil. Continue whisking until the oil is fully incorporated into the dressing. Taste, and add additional salt or sugar as needed. Set aside.
- Use a food processor or mandoline to finely shred the brussels sprouts. Once shredded, add to a large bowl along with the chopped kale.
- Add the pomegranate seeds, orange segments, and slivered almonds to the bowl, then pour the dressing over the top.
- Toss the salad with desired amount of dressing a few times, until it is evenly distributed throughout. Before serving, top salad with a bit of flaky sea salt. Enjoy!