Exhausted from the holidays but still want something warm and cozy? This 20-minute Butternut Squash Soup can be dressed up with whatever veggies you have leftover from your festivities -- we used spinach and kale!
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 cups Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Beverage
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups butternut squash, roasted and cubed
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped kale
- In a medium-size pot over medium high-heat, add olive oil. Once heated, add minced garlic and sauté until translucent and fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add all seasonings and mix together until combined.
- Add in the vegetable stock and roasted butternut squash, stirring until combined. Use a hand-held blender to blend ingredients until combined and smooth. Add in the Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Beverage and stir together.
- Let everything boil for 1-2 minutes and then reduce heat to low, to allow a simmer. Add in the spinach and kale, stirring to incorporate. Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes. At this point, the soup should have thickened.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Enjoy with a side of bread, if desired!