This Creamy Pasta Bake is a perfect one-pan meal to have on hand when you're tired of washing tons and tons of dishes. It only takes 15 minutes of prep and the oven does the rest of the work -- Calilujah!
Cook Time: 70 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 85 minutes
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Beverage
- 12 ounces dry rigatoni
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch tuscan kale, stem removed and leaves chopped
- ½ cup shredded vegan mozzarella
- ¼ cup shredded vegan parmesan cheese
- Freshly chopped basil, optional
- Heat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- To a 9x13 inch pan, add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, sugar, vegetable broth, water, Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Beverage, and whisk well to combine.
- Add the rigatoni, mushrooms, and kale, and mix into the sauce base until well-coated. With the back of a spoon, press the pasta noodles to submerge them in the liquid as much as possible.
- Cover the pan tightly with tin foil. Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan and carefully mix the pasta, making sure to coat any dry noodles with sauce. Place the foil back on, and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove the pasta from the oven and remove the tin foil. Give the pasta one more stir, then top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Place the pan back into the oven and let bake for about 10 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is slightly bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy while hot!