Recipe by Orchids and Sweet Tea
Cook Time: 45
Prep Time: 10
Total Time: 55 minutes
These Caramel Pretzel Brownies are soft, rich, and generously full of salty, caramel + chocolate flavors. These beauties are sure to melt-in-your-mouth and are made entirely with all vegan ingredients. You’ll whip them up in no time and they are a sweet treat to add to your list of must-bakes for the entire family!
- 1/4 cup Califia Farms Original Oatmilk
- 4 Tablespoons flaxseed meal + 8 Tablespoons WARM water (This makes your 'Flax Eggs')
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup vegan caramel sauce
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups organic All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- Vegan caramel sauce, for drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a square 8 x 8 baking pan with vegan butter and line with parchment paper.
- Begin by adding the flaxseed meal + water to a small bowl, stirring until combined and letting it sit for 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter and sugar together, whisking until combined.
- Add in the flaxseed meal mixture, Califia Farms Oatmilk, caramel, and vanilla, whisking to combine.
- Now, add in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt, mixing everything together using a spatula or wooden spoon, until fully combined. **NOTE: Batter will be thick, that's OK**
- Finally, add in the chocolate chips and fold them in gently.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and evenly spread it in. Add the pretzels to the top of batter and gently press them in slightly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center comes out "mostly clean".
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 20 minutes or so before lifting brownies out from the pan.
- Once removed, slice brownies into squares, drizzle with vegan caramel, and serve.