These Dairy-Free Chocolate Coffee Waffles are the perfect decadent treat to kick start your mornings! These waffles are soft, airy, and come naturally sweetened with a kick of espresso and coffee blends that pair amazingly with boldness of chocolate flavor. Simply the best breakfast or brunch idea.
Makes 6 Waffles
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup Califia Farms Pure Black Cold Brew Coffee Blonde Roast
- 1 cup Califia Farms Original Oat Beverage
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder, dissolvable
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Fresh berries of your choice
- Pure maple syrup, for drizzle
- Preheat the waffle maker to desired setting (if applicable) ––medium-high heat works great!
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda, espresso, and sea salt. Create a well in the middle.
- Add the Califia Farms Cold Brew Coffee Blonde Roast, Original Oat Beverage, coconut oil, vanilla, and Agave into the well of the dry ingredients and stir together well (using a rubber spatula) until fully incorporated and batter looks smooth. Now, let the batter sit for 2-3 minutes while it slightly thickens and rises, which means that the ingredients have activated. NOTE: the batter should be pourable but not 'runny' at all. It should slightly stick when whisk is lifted up, as a test.
- Next, spoon batter into your waffle maker (1/2 cup approximately) and cook according to your waffle iron’s instructions.
- Once each waffle completes, add to a baking sheet and place them in the oven on the lowest setting (to keep them warm). Repeat until all waffles are made.
- To serve–stack waffles (whole or cut) and top with fresh berries and drizzled maple syrup, if desired.