Your classic V-Day treat, now plant-based. These Heart-Shaped Truffles are decadently irresistible and garnished with sea salt and rose petals for a beautiful finish.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 3-ounce dairy-free dark chocolate bar, very finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Califia Farms Original Better Half
- 4 ounces dairy-free semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 12 count (½ cup capacity) heart-shaped silicone mold
- Flaky sea salt, optional garnish
- Dried rose petals, optional garnish
- Add the chopped chocolate bar to a medium bowl. Warm up the Califia Farms Original Better Half in the microwave for 30 seconds, or until steaming.
- Pour the warmed Better Half over the chopped chocolate and let sit for a minute. Whisk the chocolate until a smooth and glossy ganache forms. Transfer the ganache to a plastic piping bag and fill each of the heart molds.
- Place in the freezer until firm, about 30 minutes. Once the ganache hearts are set, carefully remove each heart and transfer to a pan covered with parchment paper.
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove the bowl, mix, and microwave again to encourage even melting. Repeat this process until the chocolate is smooth and glossy. Let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a fork, quickly roll each heart in the melted chocolate, one at a time, then lift up and out of the chocolate, letting any excess drip off. Transfer to the prepared pan and sprinkle with sea salt or dried rose petals immediately.
- Once all the hearts have been garnished, place the chocolate in the fridge to fully set before enjoying, about 10 minutes.