We're pretty sure we're the world's #1 sweet potato fan. This versatile vegetable can be used in numerous ways, but sometimes a simple steam with tons of toppings is the best. This recipe for Loaded Sweet Potatoes takes 30 minutes from start-to-finish, making it a great weeknight dinner option!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 15.25-ounce can sweet corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ red onion, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 8-10 grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
For the avocado crema:
- ¼ cup vegan sour cream
- ½ cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Beverage
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 avocados
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Drizzle olive oil on sweet potatoes and rub oil all over to ensure each sweet potato has a light coating. Poke sweet potato with a fork and add to a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave sweet potatoes for 5 minutes. Flip the sweet potatoes over and microwave for another 5 minutes. Repeat until sweet potatoes are soft (1-2 times).
- In a large bowl, combine corn, black beans, red onion, cilantro, grape tomatoes, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, olive oil, and lime juice. Mix to combine.
- Cut a slit down the middle of each sweet potato and gently mash the inside of the potato with a fork to create room for the black bean mixture. Stuff an equal amount of the mixture into each sweet potato.
- Make the avocado crema by adding vegan sour cream, Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Beverage, garlic, avocados, cilantro, salt, and red pepper flakes to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Drizzle crema on top of sweet potatoes and garnish with additional cilantro. Enjoy!