Risotto is one of our favorite dairy-free dishes and we love changing up the toppings each month to reflect seasonal flavors. You'll want to save this recipe for Sage Brown Butter Risotto with Mushrooms!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 8 sage leaves, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Beverage
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter
- Olive oil
- Add rice to a large skillet and drizzle olive oil on top. Toast rice over medium heat until it becomes translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add diced red onion, mushrooms, thyme, garlic, and sage leaves to the skillet and saute until fragrant. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour white wine and vegetable broth and reduce heat to low. Cover the skillet with a lid and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Beverage and butter. Season with additional salt and pepper as desired. Enjoy!