Strawberry season = strawberry shortcake season. We're gearing up for spring baking and these Strawberry Shortcake Biscuits are at the top of our "must-bake" list.
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
IngredientsFor the biscuits:
- 1 cup Califia Farms Original Better Half
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegan butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced strawberries
- Coconut whipped cream
- Pure maple syrup, for drizzling
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a 10-inch oven-safe cast iron skillet by lightly greasing it. We like to use vegan butter or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt and whisk until combined. Add the vegan butter pieces and using a pastry blender or two forks, blend everything together until it becomes “peas-like."
- Stir in the Califia Farms Original Better Half and vanilla extract, mixing until combined and the batter becomes thick and smooth. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Create the biscuits by grabbing 2 tablespoons of dough into your hands, gently rolling into a semi-round shape and placing it into the prepared skillet. Repeat until all biscuits are formed.
- Brush biscuits with melted vegan butter and bake for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and fully baked through. Once done, remove biscuits from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes before adding toppings.
- To serve, add whipped coconut cream, sliced strawberries, and maple syrup, if desired. Enjoy!