This Apple Pie Bread Pudding recipe is a sweet treat that can be enjoyed for breakfast or dessert. It’s moist, fluffy, easy to make, and full of apples and warm cozy spices. Plus, it's dairy-free and vegan. We're obsessed!
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
For the pudding base:
- 2 cups Califia Farms Almond Barista Blend
- 1 vegan brioche loaf, cubed (about 5-6 cups)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the apple topping:
- 2 Gala apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup vegan butter, melted
- ½ cup organic brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Toasted nuts (pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- Dairy-free ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a standard square baking dish with vegan butter. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add all of the apple topping ingredients, mixing them together until apples are well coated. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the Califia Farms Almond Barista Blend, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla, whisking everything together until combined.
- In the square baking dish you have prepared, add cubed bread and pour the batter on top, so the liquid sinks beneath the bread. Add the apple topping on top of the bread, and slightly tuck some of the apples in between some of the cubed bread.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the tops are golden and the pudding has baked through (liquid should have evaporated at this point). A good way to test: it shouldn’t shift when the baking dish is shaken.
- Remove from oven, slice, and garnish with toasted nuts and a scoop of your favourite dairy-free ice cream if desired. Enjoy!