What's more summer-y than popsicles? We'll wait. Grab the recipe for these chocolate-covered Cherry Oat Popsicles below - these are a guaranteed invite to your neighbour's pool party.
Prep Time: 5 minutes, plus 3-4 hours freezing time
Total Time: 3-4 hours
- ½ cup Califia Farms Extra Creamy Oat Beverage
- 1 cup chilled coconut cream
- 1 cup frozen dark red sweet cherries
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
For the chocolate shell:
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ⅔ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ - ½ cup maple syrup, depending on desired sweetness
- Pinch of salt
- Place all popsicle ingredients into a blender in the order listed and blend until smooth. Fill each popsicle mold and insert a popsicle stick into the base of each mold.
- Cover the popsicle tray with a lid or plastic wrap, and place in the freezer for 3-4 hours, or until fully frozen.
- For the chocolate shell, place the cacao powder, coconut oil, ⅓ cup maple syrup, and salt into a medium bowl and whisk until smooth and no lumps remain. Taste, and add remaining maple syrup if desired. Transfer mixture to a tall narrow glass.
- Once frozen, carefully remove each popsicle from its mold and dip into the chocolate shell mixture. Transfer to a piece of parchment paper until the shell has firmed up. Repeat this process until all popsicles have been dipped.
- Enjoy the popsicles right away, or store in the freezer until ready to consume. Leftover shell mixture can be stored in a sealed container at room temperature for upwards of a week. Rewarm if necessary before using.
- Serve and enjoy!