Collaborator: Rachel Gurjar
Silky and luscious, this chocolate pudding made with Califia Farms Go Coconuts Coconutmilk is the perfect way to finish any dinner party or even a weeknight dinner!Servings: 4 to 6 servings
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- ⅓ cup/65 grams granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup/30 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups/480 milliliters Califia Farms Go Coconuts Coconutmilk
- 3 to 4 ounces/85 to 115 grams bittersweet bar chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, use a wooden spoon or silicone spatula to stir together the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Slowly stir in the milk and keep stirring until smooth and combined.
- Stir the mixture constantly over medium-low heat, scraping the bottom, sides and corners of the pan, until the pudding thickens, begins to bubble, and coats the back of the spoon or spatula, 5 to 10 minutes. (If the pudding is coating the bottom of the pan too quickly, reduce the heat.)
- Add the chocolate and stir vigorously until the pudding is very thick and smooth, about 30 seconds longer
Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Spoon the pudding into a serving bowl or individual cups or ramekins. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled. It will thicken as it cools.