These Crispy Zucchini Fries are amazing as a tasty snack or appetizer. While it's a great recipe to have on hand for group gatherings, it comes together quickly enough for weeknights where you're craving something easy. Plus, the vegan "ranch" sauce is so creamy, we have a feeling you won't miss the dairy!
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
For the zucchini fries:
- 2 medium zucchini
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ cup Califia Farms Extra Creamy Oat Beverage
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Freshly chopped parsley, optional garnish
For the vegan ranch:
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons vegan mayo
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons Califia Farms Extra Creamy Oat Beverage
- Salt, to taste
- Cut each zucchini into fourths lengthwise, creating sticks that are roughly 1-inch thick. Lay the pieces of zucchini on a paper towel and sprinkle generously with salt. Let rest for 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- While the zucchini is resting, prepare the batter. To a medium bowl, add the flour, ¼ teaspoon of salt, Califia Farms Extra Creamy Oat Beverage, and whisk together until a thick, yet smooth batter forms. Set aside.
- To a second medium bowl, add the panko bread crumbs, ¼ teaspoon salt, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, and mix well to combine.
- Rinse the zucchini and dry well with a paper towel. Then cut all sticks in half lengthwise into 3-inch long sticks.
- Lightly dip each zucchini stick into the flour batter, letting excess drip off. Toss the battered zucchini stick in the panko crumb mixture, then transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat this process for the remaining sticks until all have been coated.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until the zucchini sticks are golden brown.
- While the zucchini is roasting, make the dipping sauce. In a small bowl, add all of the ingredients for the vegan ranch and whisk well to combine. If the ranch seems a bit thick, add a second tablespoon of Califia Farms Extra Creamy Oat Beverage, or a bit more until desired consistency is achieved. Taste, and season with salt as needed.
- Remove the zucchini from the oven and carefully transfer to a plate. Garnish the zucchini with freshly chopped parsley and serve with the ranch while warm. Enjoy!