Collaborator: Shanika | Orchids + Sweet Tea
This step-by-step recipe on How To Make The Perfect Traditional Pancakes is an easy, quick way to ensure that your pancakes are the best for the entire family. It takes less than 10 minutes to whip together the batter for these pancakes using all dairy-free ingredients and makes for a great healthy alternative for a little sweetness and fluffiness in the morning for breakfast or even for dinner if you’re like us.
Makes: 6 Pancakes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 ½ cups Califia Farms Original Oat Beverage
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons Agave
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons vegan butter, melted + 1 Tablespoon for cooking
- Fresh berries
- Fresh mint leaves
- Pure maple syrup
1. In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together and whisk until well combined.
2. Make a small well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add in the Oatmilk, apple cider vinegar, Agave, vegan butter, and vanilla, stirring gently (using a rubber spatula) until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX! Let the batter for 5 minutes to allow ingredients to activate. NOTE: If the batter is way too thick and hard to stir, add additional milk, 1 Tbsp at a time until smoother, yet still thick enough to slowly run off spatula.
3. Add 1 Tbsp vegan butter to a heated skillet over medium-high heat and wait until fully melted. Pour ½ cup of pancake batter unto the surface of the skillet and cook for about 2-3 minutes (until batter begins to bubble) and gently flip pancake to it’s opposite side, cooking another 1-2 minutes. NOTE: Be sure to gently press down on pancake to ensure that center cooks through.
4. Once cooked and lightly brown on both sides, remove pancake from heat and repeat steps until all batter is used.
5. To serve, stack pancakes onto one another and top with fresh berries, mint leaves, and lightly drizzle with maple syrup, if desired.
TIPS FOR THE PERFECT PANCAKES:
Tip #1: Double check leaveners and make sure they are fresh and aren’t expired. This ensures that your pancakes fluff up nicely.
Tip #2: Mix with a rubber spatula for a better mix!
Tip #3: A thick batter works best for nice thick, fluffy pancakes.
Tip #4: Don’t over-mix!!
Tip #5: Let your batter sit for 5 minutes to help activates the ingredients.
Tip #6: Only ½ cup of batter is needed per pancake. This ensures that you get the perfect even size for your stack!
Tip #7: Wait for those “bubbles” before you flip your pancake.
Tip #8: Butter your skillet between batches for a beautiful golden color, EVERY TIME!
Tip #9: Always keep the heat on medium to prevent burning while your pancakes cook through.