A super fun finger food perfect for any event, these Vegan Pesto Garlic Knots are easy to make, full of pesto flavor, and pair perfectly with your favorite marinara sauce. Be sure to save this recipe, you don’t want to miss
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 25 minutes
- 1 1⁄2 cups Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Beverage
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons vegan pesto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vegan pesto, for topping
- Marinara sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, warm Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Beverage in the microwave for 45 seconds. Add active dry yeast and sugar and whisk together. Allow yeast to bloom for 10 minutes -- it should be foamy and bubbly.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine all-purpose flour, kosher salt, yeast mixture, vegan pesto, and olive oil. Using the dough hook attachment, knead for about 5 minutes. Dough should come together and pull away from the bowl. If dough is too sticky, add an additional tablespoon of flour. If dough is not coming together, add a tablespoon of water.
- Once dough is kneaded, cover with a towel or plastic wrap and place in the oven (with just the oven light on) for about 1 hour or 1 hour and 30 minutes, until dough has doubled in size. Do not turn on the oven, only the oven light. You can also place the dough in a warm place and let it rise there.
- Place risen dough onto a well-floured work surface. Using a rolling pin, roll dough into a 12x10" rectangle. Cut into 1-inch strips. Grab 1 strip at a time and fold in half, twist together, and tie into a knot. Repeat for each strip.
- Place knots onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and cover for an additional 30 minutes, so the knots can rise a second time. While they are rising, preheat oven to 400F.
- Before placing the knots in the oven to bake, mix together melted butter and pesto, and brush each knot with the mixture. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Optionally, heat up your favorite marinara sauce for dipping. Enjoy!