We could debate the best pizza toppings all day long, but this version with kale and mushrooms comes pretty close! The delicious creamy cashew sauce is made with Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Beverage.
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
For the cashew sauce:
- 1 ¼ cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked in hot water for 20 min
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy parmesan cheese
- One clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Beverage
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the pizza:
- 1 pound pizza dough
- ¾ cup chopped kale, tossed in 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 ounces baby bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ cup dairy free shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces dairy free mozzarella ball, torn into pieces
- Olive oil, as needed
- Pizza stone or large baking sheet
- If using, place a pizza stone on the lowest rack of the oven and heat the oven to 475°F.
- Place all of the cashew sauce ingredients in the order listed into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Taste, and add additional salt and pepper as needed.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the pizza dough out into a 12-inch circle. Using your fingers, create a 1-inch indent from the edge along the entire dough.
- If using a pizza stone, transfer the dough to a floured pizza peel. If not using a pizza stone, carefully transfer the dough to a large baking sheet.
- Top the pizza with ½ cup of the cashew sauce, saving the remaining sauce for another pizza, or another use. Sprinkle both cheeses over the sauce, followed by the mushrooms and kale.
- Brush the crust of the pizza with olive oil, then transfer to the pizza stone and bake for 6-8 minutes. Alternatively, place the baking sheet on the lowest rack and bake for about 12 minutes, or until the crust has lightly browned and is cooked though.
- Remove from the oven, cut, sprinkle with red chili flakes, and enjoy while hot!